Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hanging bird cages and brides without grooms...

Today was photo-shoot day!

Everyone arrived at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens between 6 and 7am for a frenzied morning filled with exciting foods.

The following pictures do not do the scene justice, nor do they cover half of the "stuff" that was to be seen. I hate I did not get a picture of the endive salad I made, but I will see it when these pictures are placed in the Alabama Weddings magazine.

DCT's team has always amazed me with their eye for elegance and decorum...



Underneath this pavilion are hanging bird cages...
Walking through the garden was like walking through a fairytale land.

She's got the dress and she's got the ring. What this Alabama bride (who is actually from Georgia) does not have is the groom. I had the pleasure of working with her. I thought she spoke well when she said: For $25,000, this dress had better be lovely.

Everything was edible...

The trio plate.


Watermelon, balsamic vinegar and sliced parm.

The design team had a lot of fun with the bird cages.


I also had the wonderful pleasure of working with Barb Sullivan, "the best cake decorator in the world," said the company owner.

The Marie Antoinette wedding cake. . .

Barb truly is great at what she does. And she does it from the heart.

We each filled in where we could, building endive salads and chicken canapes between all the other preparation.

There were definitely highlights to this morning, not the least of which was getting locked into the parking lot so I could not leave for school on time (but it was ok).

The quote of the day goes to EC - when he told C to julienne an apple and C did, EC said, "I didn't mean literally. I meant slice."
We all had to be up before the sun, so such hilariously illogical statements were all brushed under the rug.
Today was a lovely day...even if most of us woke up at 5:30am.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I love white and light green wedding decor, so refined!

    ReplyDelete